Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent vs Saint Laurent

You all know that Hedi Slimane is the Creative Director of the brand founded by Yves Saint Laurent.
Since his debut, his style didn't convince too much (in October he released an open letter attacking fashion critic Cathy Horny, the journalist that wrote his Saint Laurent clothes "lacked (of) fashion spirit").

Now, I saw the outfits of the last Paris fashion shows and I have an idea..... but I prefer that you guess what I think through the imagines I've selected.......



Naomi, last fashion show of Yves Saint Laurent 7th January 2002


Autumn/Winter 2013 2014 Saint Laurent


Yves Saint Laurent 2002


Saint Laurent 2013/2014


Yves Saint Laurent 2002







Saint Laurent 2013/2014
 
end of the fashion show, Yves Saint Laurent 2002
end of the fashion show, Saint Laurent 2013

....could you guess???

and, finally.....

During last night's CR Fashion Book party Kate Moss worn pieces from the last Hedi Slimane collection...


Do you think she is elegant? Cool? Chic????
Not for me!

7 comments:

  1. Eccoci qua! Io non sono un'accreditata giornalista di moda e non posso "criticare" Hedi Slimane (e nemmeno Alex Wang che è bravino ma per ora non Ghesquière). Le tue immagini sono eloquenti. Se non ricordo male il defilè del 2002 proponeva riedizioni dei grandi successi di monsieur Yves, ma anhe se quello era il meglio e questo non è il meglio di Hedi... qualche categoria di differenza rimane!
    P.S. è la prima volta che vedo Kate Moss non in grado di valorizzare qualcosa (ma non mi è piaciuta tanto neanche da Vuitton, sto invecchiando e divento criticona?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In effetti lo stile di casa YSL è molto cambiato negli anni e io amo decisamente di più ricordare i classici senza tempo tipo le sahariane coloniali che queste bizzarre innovazioni. E cmq preferisco molte altre modelle a Kate...diciamo però che almeno lì sono gusti...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I can absolutely see where Hedi is coming from. He really does feel Yves's spirit, although it takes a bit of digging into the very history to realise that. I thought that a lot of pieces were very beautiful and I'd be happy to wear quite a few of them. I do feel, however, that it was the styling that put many people off and made it difficult to see past it. I admit I preferred his debut collection to this one, but I am looking forward to see what he comes up next.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate??? Oh my ..... No No No


    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. YSL is definitely a legend...

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. chicchissimo!!!

    un sogno guardare queste immagini!

    http://nonsidicepiacere.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the blue dress from 2002 is too die for! xo Caroline

    ReplyDelete